Saturday, March 26, 2011

Note From Kenji..........................

My family and I would like to thank everyone for all their support for us during these difficult times in Japan. A lot of things are still unstable with the daily earthquakes and the slow progress of fixing the nuclear reactors but we are ok at this moment and I think this has brought my family closer as we realize what is most important in life. As everyone else in Japan we are trying our best to go about our daily lives and not let the surrounding events control everything we do. I have been talking on and off with Koji in Hiroshima so if we need to we can always go and stay with him and other family in the area. For those of you who are worried and want to check up on us you can call just keep in mind the time zone change.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kenji Sakota Update


So a week has gone by since we've started this little fund and we are grateful to all that have donated already. Kenji and his family have decided to stay in Tokyo as long as possible. With the radiation levels still 4 times higher than normal, there is still a reason to worry. Food that is being shipped out of Tokyo has been recalled due to radiation being on it.


Supplies are still scarce so the cost is substantial. We are still encouraging people to help where there can so Kenji and his family can buy the expensive resources they need.


With the reactors beginning to stabilize, our efforts are beginning to changed a little bit. We've also heard that a few of our family members here in the States are planning on going to Japan to help with the clean up. If that is the case, once Kenji is back on his feet, we would like to give the remaining money to those family members. So please please please donate to help my brother and those in Japan.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kenji Sakota Family Relief Fund


All of you know of the continual earthquakes that are happening in Japan along with the tsunami and the nuclear plant.


Many of you have expressed concern for Kenji and his family who currently live in Tokyo. The up-to-date news states that the nuclear plant is getting warmer,



therefore the situation worsens for Kenji’s family. Of course this doesn’t include the daily earthquakes, the possible scare of Mt. Fuji erupting, radiation poisoning,



and the destruction caused by the tsunami. After speaking with him last night, Kenji’s family has 3 options:

1. Stay put and hope for the best
2. Flea the area to a more southern part of Japan and hopefully find refuge in Hiroshima with Kouji (a relative).
3. Pack up the entire family, 10 in all, and get them safely to the United States.

There are obvious pros and cons for each decision. And the decision needs to come with lots of prayers and an open heart for all of us. At this point, the family has decided to sit for a day or two and see what happens then flea to Hiroshima if they need to leave in a hurry. In the meantime, we need to put our efforts together here, and get ourselves organized for when the decision to the U.S. has to be made. We have created the Kenji Sakota Family Relief Fund to assist Kenji in anyway possible. Please consider a donation to help Kenji and his family. Every little bit can help.

Click the "DONATE" to donate securely.

Thanks for the help. Thanks for the phone calls, and emails. Thanks for the kind gestures and the late night texts. Thanks for being such a great family. Please call if you have any questions.